Pulled it all together for me, with wit and compassion
1. Take one really good friend.
2. Add humor (the laugh warmly and well kind, not the sarcastic kind).
3. Mix in a big dose of no-nonsense compassion.
4. Put all of that into the best teacher or professor you’ve ever had, the one that actually got you really excited to learn.
5. Marinate well in years of experience as an effective therapist and brain specialist.
6. Throw in big handfuls of knowledge about mindfulness practice, psychological development, relationships, and research.
That’s who speaks to you so clearly in this book. I enjoyed reading this book more than any other self-help book I’ve ever read. It’s meaty and practical, it’s engaging, it’s well-organized, and, probably most importantly, it’s got me motivated at a deeper, more empowered level to be the change I want to see in the world, in my relationship, and in myself.